Sunday, June 1, 2008

The End Has Come

This is it...the last and final blog!

It's been an interesting semester of Sociology. Sometimes the class has been a little crazy and counterproductive, but when we all seem to settle down and get into good discussion it has been really enjoyable.

Surprisingly I find myself using a lot of the topics we've discussed in casual conversation. I was fascinated by the idea that the jail system has become a corporation, and I spent half a car ride to Missouri criticizing the socio/economic ladder of America.

In the end I have a more critical toward our society.

I no longer see 1000 cereals in aisle six as "freedom."

I've appreciated all you've had to say Sal and want to thank you for an interesting academic experience!

2 comments:

Sammi said...

I definately think Sociology has changed my view on alot of aspects of society. The idea the race is a societal not biological label makes me realize how deep racism runs.

Sal said...

Thanks Mary! You get it! You are thinking sociologically now! Atta girl. Sorry for the times when I let the class get out of hand, but hey SHS stuck me with 31 kids in there! Anyway, thanks for everything and I really did enjoy your blogs.